The kids want a cool yummy snack.
You want them to eat something healthy.
DIY Yogurt To Go will make everyone happy! (I got these awesome re-usable Zipzicle bags from Amazon for a steal! $8.99 for 36! Here is an affiliate link that will take you to them: https://amzn.to/1dxTo6N)
Instead of a sugar filled popsicle or slushy, you can hand your kids a frozen snack that is packed full of healthy fruit. You only need three ingredients to make them and I promise everyone will gobble them up. Go crazy and mix several fruits together to make a multi flavored DIY Yogurt To Go.
They seriously take no time at all and another great thing about them is that they are portable! Throw them in a cooler, and you have a great healthy snack for your kiddos! Look at the beautiful colors of these To Go Yogurts instead of the dyed colors of the store bought kind. This is a snack that you can feel good about giving to your family. So here we go with the recipe!
DIY Yogurt To Go
- 1-2 cups of vanilla yogurt. I did not use greek yogurt.
- 2 cups of the desired fruit
- 1/4 cup of sweetener. This can be honey agave or sugar. Given the small amount of sugar and spreading it out over 6-8 yogurts, I feel like these are still much lower in sugar than the store bought brand.
- Zipsicle plastic containers. You can purchase some here: https://amzn.to/1dxTo6N affiliate link
- In a blender, blend together your fruit and the yogurt. How much yogurt you use depends on how many individual yogurts you will yield. I put in around 1 and 1/2 cups of yogurt and got 7-8 individual yogurts.
- After blending these two ingredients, blend in your sweetener. Or you can also omit this step and just use the fruit and yogurt.
- Pour into the popsicle containers to the "fill line" as they will expand when frozen. I was going to use a funnel but instead just pinched the opening wide and poured the mixture right in.
- Freeze until hard and ready to serve.
~Be sure to follow us on our social media~
Some more “cool” snacks!