The need for prime real estate is something my husband and I are always looking for. My hubby has been in corporate real estate for over 20 years, he travels all over the world looking for and obtaining prime real estate for various large corporations. Unlike my hubby, my desperate need for prime real estate does not require travel out of the country or out of the state of California. I don’t even need to leave the house, I am ALWAYS looking for more space in my refrigerator!
When our family grew to 5 kids, it became necessary to purchase another fridge. After three of our kids flew the nest, we downsized and sold the fridge….big mistake. Kids may leave, but thankfully they always come back. I’m up to 3 kids at home again and short on refrigerator space!
Thank heavens KRAFT understands the need for prime real estate in refrigerators. KRAFTS Natural Cheeses have the same 2 cups of cheese with less packaging, in a convenient resealable stand up pouch. No more searching through the fridge for a bag of cheese that fell over and now has a container of leftovers hiding it.
I love it when I open the fridge to find cheese for a recipe like these Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins and it only takes me a few seconds to find it. No searching or digging through leftovers required! With the new packaging it’s easy to scoop out just the amount of cheese I need or sprinkle some cheese directly on whatever meal I’m making.
Thank heavens my local Safeway Just For You carries every variety of KRAFT cheeses!
These Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins are a perfect grab and go summer dinner. I’m all about getting out of the kitchen and spending as much time as possible playing with my kids! A big thank you to Trish from Mom on Time Out for this awesome grab and go dinner recipe.
What did my family think about these potato skins for dinner? I had a hard time keeping them at bay long enough to get the pictures taken for this post. Once the pictures were taken and I gave my crew the go ahead, the potato skins were devoured. You know what that means….
This Pin and Kraft cheese Totally Rock!
- 6 small to medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbls butter
- 4 oz roughly chopped mushrooms
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz. very deli roast beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry your potatoes. Pierce each potato 2-3 times with a fork.
- Place on a baking dish, drizzle each potato with olive oil and sprinkle on salt. Rub potatoes making sure all of the skin is covered in oil.
- Place potatoes in the oven and bake they are tender all the way through. (20-30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides, leaving a small amount of potato flesh along the edge.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and salt. Cook, stirring frequently for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chopped roast beef, steak seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce, continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place hollowed out potatoes back on the baking sheet and fill the bottoms with half of the cheese.
- Evenly divide the meat and mushroom mixture amongst the 12 potato skins.
- Top filled potatoes with remaining cheese.
- Broil just until cheese melts. Remove from oven, sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
Need another appetizer idea? Try one of these, click on the picture to be taken to the post!
We’re sharing this post with: