You won’t believe how easy this Red Velvet Banana Bread is to make! It is so moist and flavorful.
Hey there! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box and I have the easiest recipe you will see. There’s only 5 ingredients in this Red Velvet Banana Bread. It turns out so soft, moist and cake-like. And the chocolate red velvet flavor goes perfectly with the bananas. With Valentine’s Day next month, this is a great treat to make for your loved ones. You could make mini loaves and give them to your kids’ teachers or friends.
You can also add in chocolate chips or drizzle a yummy white glaze on top. I love it just the way it is. And a trick to cutting it, or any quick bread: sometimes it gets a crust on top that’s hard to cut through without breaking the slices into pieces. Just place the cooled loaf into a gallon sized ziploc bag or wrap in plastic wrap and let it sit overnight. The next day, it will cut like a dream. Perfect slices every time!
Red Velvet Banana Bread
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the ripe bananas until "soupy".
- Add the melted butter and mix again.
- Pour the dry cake mix on top to create a barrier for the eggs.
- Add the eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix all together until smooth.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 45-50 minutes until done.
Be sure to check out these other banana recipes: