Insanely delicious bite sized Spinach Cheese Balls are easy to make and even easier to eat. A perfect addition to your Game Day menu and if you’re not a football fan make them anyway your family will love them.
Happy New Year all, it’s Celeste from The Whole Serving and today I’m sharing a really easy recipe you will want to try for the day everybody is talking about, the Super Bowl!
Apart form the holidays, Super Bowl Day is one of the biggest eating events of the year. Super Bowl parties are happening all over the place and even those who aren’t the biggest football fans will find themselves gathered with family and friends with good food.
If you’re hosting a gathering, add these to your menu and if you’re invited to one take them and the hostess will love you. No need for spreading or dipping, just pop in your mouth or enjoy with crackers.
This recipe came from my daughter’s desire for a spinach dip and my need to have a tasty mess free appetizer, drip free for sure. These spinach balls are smooth creamy with a touch of heat and go great with crackers or toast points.
I’m not a big football fan, but I like attending Super Bowl parties for the delicious finger foods and lets face it, the commercials. Are you hosting or attending a gathering this year?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 6 oz. bag of fresh spinach
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Grill Mates steak seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- fine sea salt to taste
- 1 and ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- Roughly chop bag of spinach while you heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- When skillet is ready add the spinach to the pan and saute' about one minute, add in the garlic and continue to salute' until spinach is completely wilted.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl, add in the warm spinach and mix well.
- Add in the cheese and seasonings, mix well and set aside.
- Chop the walnuts or you may choose to use pone nuts or almonds. Transfer chopped nuts to a medium bowl.
- Scoop out about ½ tablespoon of the cheese mixture, roll into a ball and roll ball in chopped nuts.
- Place cheese balls on a dish, cover, place in the fridge and allow to chill.
- When ready place on platter and serve.