These fun little Sprinkle Shortbread Bites are perfect for a party or just because.
Hi! This is Amber from “Rick-a-Bamboo” and I love shortbread. It is the perfect combination of crispy, buttery, and sweetness. These have a little something extra as well. Sprinkles. Every cookie is more fun with sprinkles. Kids especially love the addition of sprinkles.
The recipe is super simple and they bake up so quick that you can easily whip them up any time. These flavorful cookies are made with ingredients you already have on hand.
Sprinkle Shortbread Bites
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare an 8 x 8 pan with parchment. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a mixer, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Turn mixer down to low and add flour and salt.
- Once it is mixed throughly add the sprinkles.
- Press dough in to the pan.
- Lift the parchment out of the 8 x 8 pan.
- Cut the dough in to 1/2" squares. Move squares to the cookie sheet spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms start to brown.
Tip: When you cut them use a pizza cutter. It is the perfect tool for nice, smooth cuts.
I just love how cute and little they are. They are perfect for a tea party or just because. The only problem when they are bite sized is that you will want to eat them all. I would highly recommend not sitting next to the plate of them while you surf Instagram.
Be sure to try some of my other delicious treats: