How often do you get to eat your vegetables surrounded by chocolate? Today is that day! Wait there’s more, this is DOUBLE CHOCOLATE Zucchini Bread. Who do we have to thank for such a crazy, wonderful recipe? The royal folks over at King Arthur Flour are responsible for this oh so yummy bread.
This recipe looked and sounded so good that I made two loaves, one with regular flour and one gluten free. I’m thrilled to tell you that the recipe performed beautifully with both loaves! I simply exchanged the regular flour with the same amount of Jules Gluten Free Flour. Jules GF flour comes through for me every time, and no this is not a sponsored post. I truly love her GF flour.
If you are like me it’s almost impossible to get enough chocolate, so feel free to grab a jar of…….Nutella……smear some of it across the top of your double chocolate zucchini bread to enjoy a triple chocolate experience.
I know what you are thinking, “that’s too much chocolate”. You need to trust me on this one because it’s fabulous, be a Nike kind of person and “Just Do It”. You will not be disappointed, you will want to thank me later, because……
This Pin Rocks!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- 1/3 cup King Arthur All-Purpose Baking Cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ) Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan or use parchment paper.
- ) Beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- ) Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, (espresso powder optional), cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- ) Add the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- ) Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- ) Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, except for a possible light smear of chocolate from the melted chips, yum!).
- ) When the bread is done remove it from the oven, and allow it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a rack.
- ) Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped, at room temperature.
- Yield: one 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf.
We’re sharing this post with: