I don’t know if you are like me or not, but there are chores, cleaning projects and things that I need to organize and I think, “I am going to do that today.”
But then I don’t.
And then the next day I think, “I am definitely going to do that TODAY!”
But then I don’t.
And before I know it, a week has passed. Or maybe even a month. But that’s all I’m going to confess.
No, I would never let anything that I need to clean go past a month.
No I would not.
Recently I have been feeling that way about my hair brush.
I needed to clean it a day ago.
Or maybe it was a week ago.
Could it really have been a month?
Luckily today was the day! This cleaning project that I have been thinking about for days, got done today thanks to a pin that I pinned from Anithamallya’s Blog.
I’ve adapted the instructions a little bit but here is how to clean your brush in minutes.
1. Taking some scissors, cut the hair in the brush lengthwise down every 2nd or 3rd row making sure you are cutting in between the bristles.
2. Taking the tip of the scissors, slide the scissors lengthwise underneath the hair and lift. The hair should lift right up. Continue until all the hair has been removed. Pull off any loose stragglers.
Tip: Do not use a comb or another brush to remove the hair from your brush! This usually pops off the little beads that are on the top of your bristles. One those beads are gone, it sure doesn’t feel good when brushing your hair.
3. Now, even though most of the bulky hair has been removed, there still is dander and dust on your brush. Set your brush in a sink that has some warm water mixed with a small amount of shampoo.
4. Taking a spare toothbrush, brush vigorously up and down each row of your hair brush and also all around the top.
5. Set on paper towel to dry and your brush should look like new.
Tomorrow is going to be a good hair day, I just know it, because This Pin Rocks!
You might also like these other makeup cleaning tips!