I don’t know where you live, but spring has sprung here in Utah and we have the perfect spring craft with our Tissue Paper Flower Bracelet.
I love this state in the Spring because it has the most beautiful flowering trees. There is even somewhat of a state song that is called “Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Trees” and it truly does looks like popcorn all over our trees in the spring. What better time to make a Tissue Paper Flower Bracelet for the little girls in your life. My granddaughters loved them!
To get started you will need tissue paper in a bunch of different colors, pipe cleaners, a single hole punch, some beads and baubles with a big enough hole that a pipe cleaner can be pushed through and some scissors.
1. Stack a bunch of small tissue paper sheets together. The order of your colors will determine how your flower will look. We recommend stacking 15-20 layers. More layers make for a fuller flower.
2. Cut out a circle about 3″ in diameter. You can make them smaller or bigger depending on the size of your child’s wrist.
3. Punch two holes in the middle of the circles and line up the punches as close as possible.
4. Take the pipe cleaner and thread it through the two holes. Have the same length of pipe cleaner on each side.
5. Twist the pipe cleaner in the back.
6. Now it is time to make your flower bloom! Take the top layer of tissue paper and give it a little crumple. Follow this process with every layer.
7. Thread your beads onto each side of the pipe cleaner. Put on enough for the size that you need but leave some room at the end so you can twist the pipe cleaner to close your bracelet. Snip the ends off and your kids are ready to have a fashion show to show off their creation!
Happy Spring Everyone!
Flowers and butterflies just go together don’t they? Here is a super fun and easy Butterfly Craft.