This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
If we were playing Jeopardy, the answer to today’s question would be “What are Tortilla Cup Appetizers?” And the question would be “What I am feeding my crowd on game day.”
I am constantly on the lookout for easy appetizer recipes that can feed my crowd when they come to watch a game. I also love recipes that use ingredients that I usually have in the house like these super easy Tortilla Cup Appetizers. I always use the TortillaLand uncooked tortillas that I can easily find at my Costco. They freeze super well which means that I ALWAYS have some on hand. To find a Costco close to you that carries these tortillas, please visit TortillaFan.com
In no time at all, I can have a these appetizers hot and ready to go. The beauty of these is that you can fill them with anything of your choosing but today I am going to share what I usually choose which is Taco, Crab and Cream Cheese and BBQ Pork. They may look fancy but are oh-so-easy!
With a biscuit cutter or a glass (mine is inches in diameter) cut out your circles from your TortillaLand tortillas. I got about 4 small circles out of one tortilla.
Place each round tortilla into a mini muffin pan. I have this little pestle that I use to push them down into the muffin space which helps to make the beautiful ruffles around the edges. You can also just use your fingers to push them down and get the same result.
For the taco flavor, I place about a teaspoon of ground hamburger and then sprinkle a few black beans on top. Don’t fill too full because you’ll need to save some room for your other toppings!For the crab and cream cheese, you’ll want to drop a nice, full rounded teaspoon of mixture (see recipe below)
For the BBQ Pork (recipe below), I just fill to the top of the edge of the tortilla.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. The tortilla puffs up magnificently and gives these appetizer a nice, flaky crunch on the outside. Because these are fresh, uncooked tortillas, they really add that fresh, homemade taste and texture. The only ingredients that you will find in these tortillas are wheat flour, water, canola oil, salt, and sugar. No artificial ingredients that you can’t pronounce!
After the taco ones are baked, add any desired toppings. I added lettuce, tomato, cheese and chopped olives. Don’t they look festive?
I don’t add a single thing thing after the crab ones are baked, just serve and watch them go!
Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese over the BBQ pork cups right when these come out of the oven and the cheese will melt nicely.
These are so great and will easily feed a crowd. If you are looking for another great appetizer using these TortillaLand tortillas, check out our Salted Chocolate Caramel Tortilla Chips! These two recipes would go great together. Sweet and savory.
Now before you go, make sure you enter our giveaway for a chance to win a $50 Costco Gift card. In the comments below, just share with us how you would use TortillaLand tortillas, a photo of one of your recipes with them or tell us how you have used TortillaLand tortillas. The winner will be selected at random on Feb 12, 2016. #gotortillaland #partyfood
Update 2/17/16 Our lucky winner for the $50 Costco Gift Card is Shelly Callaway! Congratulations!
Tortilla Cup Appetizers
- TortillaLand tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- Pkg taco seasoning
- Desired taco toppings can include: Black beans lettuce, cheese, tomato, green onion, chopped olives, cilantro, sour cream etc.
BBQ Pork Cups
- Shredded pork. Either canned or home cooked. I used a pork tenderloin that I cooked in my crockpot. See instructions below.
- Favorite BBQ Sauce. I used Famous Dave's BBQ sauce.
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown and drain your hamburger. Add the desired amount of taco seasoning to your meat
Crab and Cream Cheese Cups
- Let your cream cheese come to room temperature. In a large bowl, remove the shredded imitation crab meat from the bag and put into your bowl. With a fork, loosen the shredded crab meat so that it's not stuck together.
- Add your softened cream cheese.
- Slice up your green onions and add to the crab mixture.
BBQ Pork Cups
- You can use a can of pork or I used some leftover pork that I had. I cooked a pork tenderloin in my crockpot all day with two cans of chicken broth. If you cook your own pork, shred before adding the barbecue sauce.
- Add the desired amount of your favorite pre-packaged or homemade BBQ sauce to your pork and mix well.
- With a biscuit cutter or a glass (mine is inches in diameter) cut out your circles from your TortillaLand tortillas. I got about 4 small circles out of one tortilla.
- Place each little round tortilla into a mini muffin pan.
- Push them down into the muffin space which helps to make the beautiful ruffles around the edges.
- Place about a teaspoon of ground hamburger and then sprinkle a few black beans on top for the taco cups.
- Drop a nice, full rounded teaspoon of crab/cream cheese mixture for the crab cups.
- Fill to the top of the edge of the tortilla for the BBQ cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
After they have baked:
- Add any additional toppings that you like to the taco cups. Lettuce, cheese, tomato, green onion, chopped olives, cilantro, sour cream etc.
- If I have any leftover sliced green onions, sometimes I sprinkle them on top of the crab cups but they will be good to go just as they are when they come out of the oven.
- Add some grated mild cheddar cheese to the pork cups right when you take them out of the oven and the cheese will melt perfectly..
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of TortillaLand. The opinions and text are all mine.