Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake
Sometimes nothing else will do but chocolate. What do you eat when you want to splurge a little? I love cheesecake. I love pies. I LOVE caramel apples. But there are days when nothing is going to satisfy but chocolate. Are ya with me?
Made with chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, hot fudge sauce, chocolate whipped cream and chocolate chips, this cake is SURE to satisfy your chocolate cravings. It is rich, but it if is one of those days where you need some chocolate, then…WHO CARES?!
- 1 Devil's Food or Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- Whatever ingredients are listed on the box to make the cake.
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) Instant chocolate pudding
- 1 box (5.9 oz) Instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 jar of Mrs. Richardsons' Hot Fudge
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 12 oz bag of semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Prepare your cake as per the instructions on the cake box in a 9x13 cake pan.
- After taking it out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon or a straw.
- Mix 2 cups of the milk with the smaller box of instant pudding. Quickly pour over your cake trying to fill in the holes.
- Remove the lid from the jar of hot fudge and microwave until easily spreadable. I put mine in for about 15-20 seconds but your microwave temp may vary.
- Spread the hot fudge on top of your cake and let cool.
- When the cake is completely cooled, mix the last 1 cup of milk with the larger box of instant chocolate pudding then quickly and carefully fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of the hot fudge layer.
- Finally, layer the entire bag of mini chocolate chips over the whipped cream layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
When you make this, if you are secretly wishing for some leftovers, this recipe is not for you. BUT! You will be asked for the recipe, so wherever you bring this, come prepared.
A big thanks to Love Bakes Good Cakes for the inspiration for this recipe!
This Pin Rocks!
Looking for some more cake recipes? Look no further. Here’s some great ones for ya!