I am on a lemon kick. I just can’t seem to get enough tart lemon flavor! My all time favorite lemon treat? Classic Lemon Bars. I have a dear friend Lisa who makes the best lemons bars EVER! All other lemon bars are always compared to Lisa’s, the standard has been set, and it is extremely high.
I have her recipe and I’ve made it many times. Alas, no matter how hard I try, they never turn out as good as hers! Seriously, among our circle of friends Lisa is famous for her Lemon Bars. What’s a girl to do? Scour Pinterest for a new lemon bar recipe.
Oh man, these Cream Cheese Lemon Bar Cookies from Girl.Inspired do not disappoint. I was surprised to find these bars are made with lemon cake mix. I had them in the oven in about 10 minutes!
The textures of the flaky crust and crumbled topping combined with the creamy lemon filling have made them a new family favorite. If you are a luvr of lemon these bars are a must!
- pkg. lemon cake mix (I use Betty Crocker).
- 2 eggs (1 for crumble mixture, 1 for cream cheese mixture)
- ⅓ C. vegetable oil
- ⅓ C. sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 egg, vegetable oil and 1 package of dry cake mix until crumbly.'
- Keep 1 cup of the crumbly mixture and set aside.
- Pat the rest of the mixture into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a different bowl mix together soft cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Spread softened cream cheese mixture evenly over the baked crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the reserved crumbly mixture over the softened cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until crumbly mixture starts to turrn light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely. Cut into bars, serve and enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 package of dry cake mix, 1 egg, and vegetable oil until blended and crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumbly mixture; set aside.
- Pat remaining mixture into a 13 x 9 in. baking pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- In separate bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, lemon peel, and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over baked crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumble mixture over the top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until crumb topping is just beginning to brown.
- Allow to cool completely, cut into bars, and eat up!!
This awesome post has been shared with Home Stories A to Z