My hubby nicknamed this strawberry shortcake on steroids. In the summer we make our Grilled Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich on the grill, and in winter on the panini press. It takes mere minutes with ingredients that are so easy. You will want to keep frozen sliced berries, frozen poundcake and whipped cream cheese on hand at all times, and when you need a show stopping dessert in a hurry, this is your go to gal.
A Grilled Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich is the easiest recipe ever!!!! And it tastes amazing! Strawberries do backflips just to audition for the chance of being on this baby! And it is so easy to keep the ingredients on hand, it will become a year round favorite. Yes, you can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t know if you should, but you will want to and I did. And it is so impressive looking. I would say almost too pretty to eat, but seriously, who am I kidding? If pretty food looks delicious, there is no stopping me.
This recipe makes me happy. Like eat enough to put me in a food coma happy. Like willing to workout an extra 30 to burn off these calories happy.
When you make this at your next BBQ, you are going to be a grilling rock star! It can be our little secret how easy it is!
This Pin Rocks!
Grilled Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich
- 1 pound loaf frozen poundcake thawed
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter optional
- 1 tub whipped cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- frozen sliced berries in syrup or fresh sliced berries and sugar
- Slice thawed poundcake into 8 slices.
- Mix powdered sugar into cream cheese.
- Place one heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture between two slices of poundcake. You can brush the outside of the poundcake slices with butter if desired.
- Grill on medium 3-5 minutes each side, until grill marks are golden brown and cream cheese is warmed.
- Top with sliced strawberries and serve.
- May also be made in a panini press.
Here are a few of our other most popular summer recipes:
This awesome post has been shared with Home Stories A to Z