Do you like Banana Bread? I looooovve me some good Banana Bread and for some reason, it sounds so good at this time of year. I don’t know if its because I’m getting ready for the fresh fruit that I know will be available soon. Having to wait to eat some of my favorites makes me so glad that I can get bananas year round. I do have a banana bread recipe that I like but was really looking for a bakery/cafe kind of banana bread. I wanted a moist and easy banana bread recipe that looked and tasted like I was at a darling little cafe, having a piece with some yummy hot cocoa!
And I think I found it.
I love my banana bread with some good sized nuts. I like my fudge the same way. If you missed out on our fudge recipe, check it out HERE!
If you aren’t really a fan of nuts in your banana bread, you can either omit them or chop them finer.
Now I can sit in my kitchen with a slice of this Banana Nut Bread, sip on my cocoa and dream about being at a little cafe in some faraway country! Ahh….!
This Pin Rocks!
Moist and Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas I used about 4 small to medium bananas Make sure they are well ripe. Having some brown spots is preferred
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 5x9 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating, or line your pan with some parchment paper and then spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and bananas until well blended.
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients and then add to banana mixture. Fold in your nuts.
- Pour into your loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 10-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Oven temps may vary.
If you liked this recipe, you are going to LOVE these!