If your favorite candy bar is a Twix then you are going to love these shortbread TWIX Cookies!
I pretty much love any candy bar that has caramel in it. I would have to say that my all time favorite is a Milky Way but a Twix candy bar runs a close second. So if you like caramel too, you are going to love these cookies.
The cookies start off with a buttery, flaky shortbread base then topped with caramel and finished with chocolate. I need to warn you that they are a very rich cookie so make sure you have some nice, cold milk on hand! Perfection!
Although these cookies look super decadent, they are easier to make than you think. You can easily use the Kraft wrapped caramels but my favorite caramel of all time is Peter’s Caramel. I get mine at a local cooking store called Gygi’s but you can get yours HERE. It is a large block of caramel but then you will have plenty left over to make these super yummy Apple Pie Caramel Apples!
So treat your caramel-loving self and your family to some of these TWIX Cookies. You will love them!
- 1½ cups softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz caramel **See notes
- 2 cups milk choc chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add your vanilla, flour and salt. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- To cut cookies you can use a biscuit cutter or I just used a small glass that was 2 inches wide.
- Place round cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Melt caramel and spread the caramel over the cooled cookies.
- Let caramel cool completely.
- Add your shortening into the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave. Use a microwave safe bowl and watch so that the chocolate does not burn.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
- Do not put in the refrigerator as it will discolor the chocolate.
Shortbread recipe adapted byFood Network
You will need these items for this recipe!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you use our link to shop Amazon, we receive a small compensation at *no additional cost* to you. Thanks for clicking!
Are you craving more goodies? Check these out!