The beginning of a new school year is an emotional time of year at our house. There’s lots of tears, grumbling, mess, and frustration. I mean, who wants to get out of bed to drive around all day and sit in your car? Packing food, stuffing angry kids in their clothes, throwing out breakfast…. And then there’s homework. Yes, it’s your child’s homework, but it is essentially your homework too. It’s a lot to take in. So, to help make the beginning of the school year a little bit easier on you and thus your children, we’ve come up with a list of 101 easy school lunches!
It can be hard to find lunches that are both delicious and satisfy dietary needs. We’re making things easier for you with our list of gluten free lunch ideas!
There’s nothing better than a nice, hot lunch from home on a rainy day! What we love about many of these hot lunch recipes is that they make great dinners too and the leftovers are perfect for a school thermos!
2. Easy Baked Cheeseburger Sliders– The title contains both the words “easy” and “cheeseburger”. If that’s not enough to convince you to try this recipe from This Delicious House, I don’t know what will!
A salad-eater is a rare breed in children, but these recipes might just change any kid to being a salad lover!
4. Mango Pasta Salad– If you make this pasta salad, make a lot. You and your family will become addicted, so make sure you have lots to satiate your palate. You have been warned….
5. Mason Jar Salad– How were mason jar salads not a thing when I was growing up? Wait…. were they a thing??? Don’t let your child miss the mason jar salad boat and check out this recipe from Pass the Plants!
I know, I know. Sandwiches are the most unoriginal and boring lunch ever. Or are they? Check out this list of sandwiches, and you may feel differently!
2. Chicken Salad Sandwich– If you have chicken salad fans in your family, we have just the recipe for you! It’s delicious with or without the cashews!
Here are some easy, 100% delicious food ideas that are neither sandwiches nor salads!
6. Hardboiled Eggs We’ve even got this super easy way to peel them with a spoon! Perfect hack if you need to peel a lot eggs for a lot of lunches!
For the artist inside of you, try out these fun ideas your kids are sure to love!
What lunch is complete without a treat?
To keep lunch well balanced, it helps to have snacks!
6. No-Bake Granola Bars– Forget buying granola bars from the grocery store. This recipe is far too easy and much too tasty to ever need grocery store granola bars again!
A little something extra to bring a small to your child!